Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Eucharist...John 6:54-57

"God in his omnipotence could not give more, in His wisdom He knew not how to give more, in His riches He had not more to give, than the Eucharist."
- St. Augustine
Eucharist - So controversial a topic of debate especially today! Since I read this deeply brilliant quote from Augustine, I tried imagining any other means of fulfilling John 6:54-57:
"You can have no life in yourselves, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood. The man who eats my flesh and drinks my blood enjoys eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. My flesh is real food, my blood is real drink. He who eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, lives continually in me, and I in him".
Can't see anything symbolic in these words of Jesus either...what amazing wisdom there is in God giving us the Eucharist!

Lord I am sorry for all the times I did not recognise Your Holy Presence in the Eucharist. Help me to receive You in a state of grace always, to have eternal life with You...Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home